We at Bounce are truly disheartened by the tragic murders of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor , Ahmaud Arbery and the thousands of other slain black lives that have been taken for hundreds of years.
We stand in solidarity with the courageous protesters fighting for change around the world.
We will not stand idly by and continue to allow the issue of racism in our country to be ignored. We will proudly fight for the system that promotes and enables inequality to be held accountable and brought to justice.
Black Lives matter. Black lives have always mattered. Black lives always will matter. We will not rest until the world acknowledges what we have always known to be true.
We are in a constant fight, but let us never forget to also bask in our greatness. During these truly traumatic times, if you find yourself needing a reminder of our excellence, we'll be here to represent you & to celebrate you always on our networks!
Want to help the cause?
Here are a few organization across the country that are focused on supporting the protesters. (Note: the Minnesota Freedom Fund and Brooklyn Community Bail fund are urging people to donate elsewhere, as they’ve each received an outpouring of donations. *Source- Indywire, Staff Writers)
- The Los Angeles chapter of Black Lives Matter is currently supporting organizers, endeavoring to adopt a “People’s Budget” that reallocates police funding to communities that need it. Donate via the Black Lives Matter LA website.
- Action Bail Fund, also organized by Black Lives Matter LA, is supported by White People 4 Black Lives. 100% of donations go directly to support bail, fees, and medical costs associated with actions. Donate here.
- The Peoples City Council Freedom Fund is another Los Angeles offering. Per the fundraiser’s GoFundMe page, “As the mayor and city council have sought to increase the LAPD’s budget during a pandemic, and as police around the country continue to kill innocent Black people, we have taken to the street to protest the funding of state sanctioned murder. This fund will be used for supplies that will keep us safe, things that will amplify our noise, transportation for protestors support for other organizations, bail relief, and other necessary resources as we fight this battle.”
- Black Visions Collective is “a Black-led, Queer and Trans centering organization whose mission is to organize powerful, connected Black communities and dismantle systems of violence…through building strategic campaigns, investing in Black leadership, and engaging in cultural and narrative organizing.” Donate via the organization’s website here.
- Free Them All For Public Health is raising money for protesters who have been arrested in New York. Venmo: @BailOutNYCMay.
- The National Bail Out is “a Black-led and Black-centered collective of abolitionist organizers, lawyers and activists building a community-based movement to support our folks and end systems of pretrial detention and ultimately mass incarceration.” Donate here.
- Unicorn Riot is a non-profit media organization dedicated to fair, on-the-ground reporting on civil disobedience, police brutality and white supremacy. Donate here. Donate via the organization’s website.
- Wee The People is grounded in the belief that if kids can understand fairness, they canunderstand justice -- and that adults play a huge role in connecting kids’ sense of fairness in their own lives to larger issues of injustice in the world. Find out more at the organization’s website.