DEON COLE & NICOLE ARI PARKER HOST THE 25TH ANNUAL TRUMPET AWARDS SUN. JAN. 29 AT 9:00PM ET ON BOUNCE
HONOREES INCLUDE: WENDY WILLIAMS AND NEW EDITION
TAMELA MANN, ERICA CAMPBELL, KENNY LATTIMORE, LALAH HATHAWAY,
SHIRLEY CAESAR, JAGGED EDGE, REGINA BELLE, SILK & MORE
VANESSA BELL CALLOWAY, DAVID MANN, LOU GOSSETT, JR.,
BILL WITHERS, ED LOVER, WILLIE MOORE, JR., ED GORDON & OTHERS
ATLANTA (Jan. 25, 2017) – Black-ish, Angie Tribeca star and two-time EMMY® nominated writer and actor Deon Cole and Rosewood, The Real Husbands of Hollywood and seven-time NAACP Image Award nominated actress Nicole Ari Parker host an exciting night of inspiration, history and crowd-rousing performances at the 25th Annual Trumpet Awards, the prestigious annual event celebrating African-American achievements and contributions, set to world premiere on Sunday, January 29 at 9:00pm ET on Bounce.
Bounce recently acquired all assets of The Trumpet Awards and now owns, produces and exclusively premieres the star-studded ceremony, this year held at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre in Atlanta, Georgia on Saturday, January 21, 2017.
Highlights from the show include:
Honorees at this year’s ceremony also included: Daytime EMMY® nominee Wendy Williams, who was presented with the Trumpet Award for Entertainment; former NBA great Dikembe Mutombo, recognized with the Humanitarian Trumpet Award; Martin Luther King III, presented with the Impact Trumpet Award and fashion blogger Gabi Gregg who was given the Trailblazer Trumpet Award.
Among the presenters and special guests: Vanessa Bell Calloway, Lou Gossett, Jr., David Mann, Bill Withers, Ed Lover, Ed Gordon, Gary Owen, Erica Ash and Willie Moore, Jr.
In a very special tribute, civil rights icon and founder of the Trumpet Awards Xernona Clayton was presented with the distinguished Golden Trumpet Award in recognition of her unparalleled leadership, ability to affect change and steadfast work in building the legacy of the awards.
- • Lifetime Achievement Trumpet Award-winning New Edition being saluted by R&B bands Jagged Edge, Silk and The Transitions with a medley of the iconic group’s hits including “Candy Girl,” Mr. Telephone Man” and “Cool It Now” that had the audience dancing in the aisles.
- • Regina Belle, BJ The Chicago Kid and Kenny Lattimore performing “A Whole New World,” “Feel the Fire” and “If Ever You’re in My Arms Again” to honor Trumpet Legend Award recipient Peabo Bryson.
- • A show-stopping all-star Gospel Music Tribute featuring Shirley Caesar, Erica Campbell, Jekalyn Carr, Le’Andria Johnson, Travis Greene and Canton Jones.
- • Tamela Mann, Lalah Hathaway and Keke Wyatt bringing the house down in individual performances.
- • A memorable spoken-word presentation by Iman Cezanne and Javon Johnson which elicited thunderous applause and brought the audience to their feet.
Bounce (@BounceTV) airs on the broadcast signals of local television stations and corresponding cable carriage and features a programming mix of original and off-network series, theatrical motion pictures, specials, live sports and more. Bounce has grown to be available in more than 94 million homes across the United States and 93% of all African American television homes, including all of the top AA television markets. Among the founders of Bounce are iconic American figures Ambassador Young and Martin Luther King, III.